Des2ny is Canon (Story Spoilers) (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, September 11, 2017, 08:27 (2411 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Earth and the Almighty. That's really all the locations you need for the story to work.

I just beat the campaign with my 2nd character last night. Unlike my first playthrough, where I spent a lot of time doing adventures and quests in between story missions, this time I mainlined the campaign missions with as few detours as possible. In terms of the raw plot of the game, Nessus, Titan, and Io feel almost throwaway. You land, do 1 or 2 missions, then off to the next planet. Nothing of consequential substance happens on any of them, short of stealing the vex teleporter (plot device) and Ikora discerning Gaul's plan (which didn't really need to happen... the guardian's could easily have been motivated to retake the city without knowing what Gaul's ultimate goal was).

Not that I'm complaining really. I like that each planet's patrol/adventure/quest missions tell their own side stories. But it does make the whole "trip around the galaxy" feel somewhat contrived.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread