more of a communication issue (Destiny)

by electricpirate @, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 09:44 (2462 days ago) @ Cody Miller

In all the ways that Des2ny is great, I think lost sectors were a misstep.

First of all, they are not lost at all. They are pinpointed on the map with markers, and the markers are additionally in the field. These should have facilitated exploration of the spaces, which would have made the places feel bigger than they are if you don't know what lies beneath.

Second, they are kind of lame. The 'boss' is just a yellow bar enemy, and the spaces aren't super unique like an adventure or a strike.

In a perfect world, a lost sector would activate an adventure, or at the very least a mini-adventure with some lore or story implications.

One of the few misses I think.

I think players super hyped them, when it was pretty clear that they were just going to be a quick hit and kind of part of that base activity churn for the mid to early end game. I thought it was weird how people just knd of ran with the idea and ignored the stuff like adventures that was more lore focussed.

They seem like they basically succeed in giving a quick hit in the map; not everything needs to be like super deep endame or lore.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread