Lost Sectors (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 19, 2017, 21:31 (2462 days ago) @ Kermit

Addendum: I do kind of wish they weren't on the map, especially since the challenges often give you general area.

https://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=20504

See the structure of the puzzle and exploration I detail in that post. It would have been rad if every lost sector had some sort of story based, lore based, environmental cue, or character interaction to clue you in to where it is, and made you feel like you are discovering something.

I mean, none are even locked. Even finding a key and figuring out it what it would open would have been an improvement!

And yes, no marks on the maps and no waypoints. Nothing kills the appeal of the world you create by having players follow waypoints. It would have been way more fun for your companions to give you directions that you had to use your brain to follow. "Go down that road and look for a cave" vs a waypoint. Even Cayde's treasure maps are dumb. They should have been written clues for you to decipher. Going to the marked location is kind of lame.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread