For all the talk about "missing the point"... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, September 26, 2017, 10:48 (2455 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

i don't see an issue with cody buying it from a vendor that broke street date. it's just hilarious that he thinks that entitles him to pre order bonuses. he purchased the game outside of the manner intended by Bungie/Activision. while not illegal by any means, he circumvented the spirit behind the preorder process. whether its worth it to play a day early, or to have a better weapon for 3 months is up to cody. he made a choice, and now has to live with it. i don't feel sorry for him one bit. i also do not hate him for playing a day early. I just find it funny that he wanted to have his cake and eat it too.

I didn't take his post that way, myself. I don't think he expected or believes he deserved the preorder bonus. He knew he wasn't getting Coldheart. He was just pointing out he paid the same money at the same time as many who preordered, but he doesn't get the same gameplay experience. The fact that we all knew this going in and could plan our purchases accordingly does not make it a less shitty business practice.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread