Suggestion for running the _________ *Raid SP* (Destiny)

by Schedonnardus, Texas, Thursday, September 28, 2017, 06:51 (2453 days ago)

after running the gauntlet for a couple of hrs last night, only to wipe on the last phase, i had an idea.

So, the first two phases, where you shoot the green arrows, we were assigned into 3 groups of 2:

then we were further divided into Top/bottom. one person always shot the uppermost arrow, and the other always shot the lowermost arrow.

On the 3rd wave, everyone has to run, but there are only 4 orbs in the hoops. Our intended method was to now have two groups (1 group of 2, and 1 group of 4:

with this setup, new runners got the first 4 orbs, and then ignore the 2nd set, leaving them for the previous runners, and keep alternating each time

where we were running into problems was people not calling out their orbs, or miscalling, missing an orb and then trying to make up for it on the next one, etc

I think it would be better on this part to assign two groups of 3. Assign each person 1 of the 3 columns, and then keep alternating between the 2 groups. You always have dibs on an orb in your column. If there is more than 1 orb, you have dibs on the uppermost orb. If you have no orbs in your column, you have dibs to the 2nd orb in the column to your right (farthest right loops to the left)

EXAMPLE 1:

I took a screenshot off a youtube run

[image]

If you were assigned left column, you don't have an orb, so you look to the right (middle column) and see that there are 2 orbs. You know that the guy assigned middle has dibs on the top, so you take the middle one. Middle and Right Guardians have orbs, so there is nothing to worry about. That leaves a spare orb that a straggler, or someone that might have missed for some reason to grab.

EXAMPLE 2:

[image]

In this example, left and right have their orbs. Middle has no orbs, so he looks to the right and take the lower one (b/c Right Guardian has dibs on the upper by default).

EXAMPLE 3:

[image]

This one has an orb in every column. Left and right's orbs are at the bottom. Mid takes the top. Bottom mid is a freebie if someone needs it.

EXAMPLE 4:

[image]

Finally, I had said that if you didn't have any orbs in your column, to move to the right. Well, the guy on the far right needs to either loop over to the left, or take the freebie (4th) orb in Mid. Just need to make sure there is good communication in this instance.

I think having defined boundaries will help ease with the confusion and help people know which orbs are up for grabs. You just keep an eye on your column, and your backup column. very rarely will you need to move over 2 columns.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread