Suggestion for running the _________ *Raid SP* (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Friday, September 29, 2017, 10:38 (2452 days ago) @ squidnh3

We only had the runners calling out top/middle/bottom. And my only responsibility was to shoot an arrow and clear adds. I mean, also the councilor, but I just did that everytime a runner passed by my spot, which was fine because I had nothing better to do until the other runner came by.

That only works if your runners have easily recognizable voices (or I guess you are using the screenname display thing). The meleeing the councilor is the entire crux of the encounter - with static platforms, you have to shoot your arrow, jump off the platform, melee the psion, then be back in place to shoot the arrow of the person to your left (which is happening immediately). Some people in our group were having trouble with that sequence. With the rotating method, you just do exactly the same thing 4 times in a row in a circle - if anything, it's more boring!

Okay, I guess the voice thing would be annoying, and we did have two distinguishable voices. I also used their names. But I never had a problem with hitting the scion because I had a full 1/4 runner length (plus the distance the runner is from jumping through when the arrow was shot) to hit the scion and jump back on the platform. This was plenty of time for me. I would be more worried about having to try and hit two arrows in time for the runner.

But all of this to say. Apparently there are different people in the world with different strengths and weaknesses. Maybe that's why there are different strategies? :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread