Suggestion for running the _________ *Raid SP* (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, September 28, 2017, 10:48 (2453 days ago) @ Schedonnardus

So, the first two phases, where you shoot the green arrows, we were assigned into 3 groups of 2:

Dog/Sun
Chalice/Axes
Runners

I dislike this setup. It means people are tied to their own two pillars and can't easily swap out. "Oh crap sorry guys I turned left when I was supposed to turn right" or "Oh man, I always shoot the top arrow on Dog/Sun side so I just shot top on Chalice/Axes, too. Won't happen again" are things you'll hear if you ever have to move people around.

What we do is more... modular. You always help the person on your left. When helping, you shoot the bottom arrow. When shooting your own set of arrows, you shoot the top arrow. This method makes all four positions function identically, and if one of your raiders is replaced for some reason, anyone who knows this method can jump right in regardless of which position they're filling. One last note: There's a strategy on the internet that has helpers shooting to the right. This is an inferior method. When you help the left hand guy, you can then watch the runner as he approaches your position and be 100% prepared. You'll never be surprised by him showing up. You'll also have a sense of how fast or slow he's going, and can call out if your runner needs to slow down or the other runner does.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread