My fireteam's blind raid progress (no spoilers) (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Friday, October 13, 2017, 23:26 (2437 days ago) @ Kahzgul

Sorry to circle back around and necro an old topic, but thanks again for the good replies and advanced/"grown up" form of discourse. All exchanges don't have to devolve in an immature fashion.

After doing the Raid 1.5 times now I can really see where you are coming from. I never did get a Blind Raid in and it is truly truly disheartening.

I wasn't quite ready to raid when everyone else was on raid release day/week, because I didn't rush through the game as fast as I could have, for no good reason. I was ready to raid a week and a half later, still within the release month, I truly don't believe within that time frame should be too late to get a Blind Raid going. I will admit that the extra weeks have been nice to level up to right around 300, helping with the difficulty of the raid enemies. (and much thanks goes to all in the Clan that have helped others with the Clan/Raid/Trials engrams, etc.)

Coupling that very disheartening feeling of not being able to put a blind raid together along with some of the other changes that came along with the sequel have me questioning? I also just found out that a good friend that didn't play PS4 D1 beyond 'Vanilla' recently picked up D2 for the Xbox to play with co-workers and is enjoying it. Maybe I'm on the wrong platform?

Doing the Raid 1.5 times and trying to recall each encounter or paths through the underbelly from memory and being able to express it in a complete thought to someone else, reinforces for me, that my brain doesn't work the same was as everyone elses seem to. I guess a real world example might be that I've never been great with road/Driving directions. I especially can't give them out very well. I can however remember specific details or things about the journey, like landmarks or things along the way toward the destination (non street names), or something that has changed since the last time I drove that route. I've never quite understood how/why some people get a sick endorphin joy from being able to describe/give out perfect and specific Driving directions to other people. Maybe it all goes along with the whole pointless FIRST! mentality?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread