My fireteam's blind raid progress (no spoilers) (Destiny)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, September 28, 2017, 07:32 (2453 days ago) @ Pyromancy

How can someone who is truly blind decide that they can write the official unofficial strategy guide for idiots after only 1 or 2 runs through the raid?

Running the raid blind and figuring out how all the mechanics fit together isn't just fun (it is), but it means that you have a much more detailed understanding of what needs to be be done and the consequences of every action. You know what works, what doesn't work, and how things interact and progress. Spend a few hours banging your collective heads against a challenge and you REALLY get to know that challenge. I'd posit that the best guides are written by those who ran it blind, rather than someone that started with a youtube video or someone else's written description.

Note that while the mechanics are static (barring challenges), strategies do evolve over time. When I did King's Fall Golgoroth for the first time, my group hit every orb and did damage from every pool for our first few runs - it was only later that we came across and adopted the single pool strategy. There's already some debate over two different approaches to one of this raid's encounters. I'd be curious to know how your blind team solves that one :)

-Chappy

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread