Does anyone have the -opposite- vault space problem? (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 07:44 (2472 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I typically don't have a vault space problem. I DO have an inventory problem with weapons, but it's specifically the elemental slots. The reason is that I have a particular system where I tend to use certain weapon types on certain characters, to fit the playstyle I use on them. Specifically, there's usually 2 weapon types I'll tend to use in a given slot. So, just as an example, on my Titan I tend to carry shotguns and grenade launchers (more on those further down) in the heavy slot. Now, I also try to have one of each damage type on hand - while D2 did make type matching less crucial, I still find that shield-break detonation tactically useful so I try to match when I can. You can kind of see the problem here - on any given character, any slot, I generally have a minimum of 6 spots used up, just for the stuff I want to keep around. Throw in a couple of exotics and I quickly get to a point where I've only got 1 or 2 spaces for picked-up items.

Obviously, this doesn't affect the kinetic slot, so I have plenty of space there. I almost wish I could sacrifice a row there to get 1 or 2 more spots in the other categories.

[*]If something doesn't increase my light level I instant shard it.
[*]If I don't like the way an armor looks I shard it. (or infuse to something I do)
[*]If an exotic armor doesn't fit my play style, I shard it.

I pretty much agree with all of this, though on the armor I am taking more than just looks into account - I also have certain stats I want for each subclass, so I'll only use stuff that takes my stats in the direction I want. It's easy enough now to get a new copy of any found exotic that I don't see the need to keep them around taking up space.

[*]I don't like the Solar class. Anything specifically for it gets sharded.

I wasn't big on Sunbreaker in D2 either, until I realized that I could stack the Hallowfire Heart chest piece's effect with the "Sun Warrior" effect under Code of the Siegebreaker. Now it's thermite grenades 4 dayz.

[*]Shaders? Shard them.

Up until yesterday, I would have asked why. But yesterday, I finally got "full" on shaders (why is that a thing???) and had to move some.

[*]Ornament for a weapon I don't like? Shard.

Serious question here, because I don't think I've ever tried, and I'm not currently in possession of an ornament that would qualify: Is it not possible to activate an ornament without actually having the weapon? If memory serves, you can highlight the ornament in inventory and it has an "unlock" or "activate" option, or something like that, right? Why wouldn't you just activate it, which would still take it out of your inventory? Unless, like I said, perhaps you can't do it without having the actual weapon?

[*]Can't tell if Grenade launchers suck, or I'm bad with them. Shard until determined.

IMO, a lot of them do suck, especially the single-shot flashbang type. The stun effect is pretty useful, but the actual damage is piddly for a power weapon. Disclaimer: I have not tried any of those since the recent-ish patch where Bungie claimed to have increased their damage. They said it was a "slight" damage increase, but they also said that about Feedback Fence's damage increase, and that thing has gone from only ever throwing enemies back, to often killing them now, so the launchers might have improved significantly as well. But, in my experience, the only launcher I've really liked has been Beringer's Memory. It does enough damage to be useful, the grenades stick and can be used as proximity mines, which is SUPER useful to hold up charging enemies, and on top of that, it has the auto-reload when stowed perk.

[*]Sword? SHARD.

I'll say this about swords: I really enjoy using them. Like, a lot. But I never find them practical, because I always end up coming up against an enemy that they're not useful against - bosses with stomp attacks, etc. I want to use them, but I don't usually. I do keep 1 of each damage type in the vault, just in case.

The first bright engram I decrypted gave me the ornament for MIDA. I love MIDA. All I used in D1.

MIDA Multi-Tool is the way and the light. BTW, did they ever nerf that thing for PvP, or did the meta just move on/people forgot about it? I don't hear anyone complaining about it lately, but I also don't remember any changes.

-Eververse-

I love the Eververse items, but I get enough of them that I've never really felt tempted to spend real money on anything.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread