Does anyone have the -opposite- vault space problem? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, December 21, 2017, 09:38 (2379 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

Except, even that's dumb. Why not just make every Sparrow spawn quickly? What's the reason for making is slower, except to have an inconvenience that you can design a "perk" to fix that people can through RNG?

Yes, I'm saying this over the top to make a point: What's the reason for making us reload weapons? It's because it's a design decision. And there have actually been times where that perk on the sparrow has saved my life.

I can sort of see where you're coming from.

Reloading weapons is a form of resource management. Ultimately, it's way to control the pace of combat. What would the game be like if you could fire Sweet Business infinitely (other than awesome, obviously)?

While there are rare cases where it matters, the rate of spawning a sparrow is only a matter of convenience or inconvenience. The sparrow isn't really utilized as a combat vehicle--it's mostly just a way to get around the destinations quickly. The spawn rate perk seems to have been designed in a roundabout way--rather than just making the sparrows spawn quickly for everyone, they spawn slowly with a random perk that allows them to spawn quickly.

Lots of perks are like that. If they thought it was neat, fun, or just beneficial to have planetary mats show up on the map, why not just make that the default?

None of them are really game changing, but they all seem almost explicitly designed to circumvent tiny annoyances. In fact, they all almost create those tiny annoyances. If those perks didn't exist at all, some of that stuff might still be annoying, but it'd just be how the game worked, rather than a perceived annoyance that you can buy your way out of.

Yes, this is slightly hyperbolic. Most of those things aren't significant or game changing. But having the perks available through the Eververse completely changes the way that the default state is perceived.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread