Some of my thots... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 08:45 (2376 days ago) @ Korny

Keep in mind, I haven’t played D2 in a while (6-8 weeks or so? Something like that). So I’m not as dialed-in to the feel of the game as many of you probably are. But it feels barely any different to me. If I hadn’t been aware of the update, I probably wouldn’t have noticed any change.
I played a D1 Raid last week, and D2 still feels slow by comparison to me.
Also keep in mind that I’m only playing as a Titan, so I can’t remark on the other characters.

...I sort of agree with this.

Just ran a few strikes. Didn't really feel any movement changes, damage changes... felt the same as they felt last night.

Weird.

Oh, great, now to be fed even more videos with Destiny logos pasted over the faces of dying characters in popular movies.

Keep in mind that Cruel and Claude both run Titans, which were the least-affected class. Also, they both tend to run rockets, which weren’t really changed much.

I’ll be hopping on in a bit, and I’ll run some Dawnblade in the Crucible.

First and foremost, the increased movement (both mine and the enemies') was noticeable enough that I had to increase my controller sensitivity so that I could turn my warlock around much faster. It definitely helped as far as mobility, but my aiming went whack, so I lost far more fights than I would have before. I wish there was an ADS sensitivity slider...

Anyway, I tried Dawnblade and Stormcaller.

As far as jumps go, Burst glide feels almost as good as it did in D1, with the major flaw being that unlike D1, you lose momentum if you keep gliding. You can feel the exact point that you start losing speed, so it's fairly easy to cancel the jump and bunny hop across distances. Definitely helped escape lots of tricky situations that I wouldn't have been able to before, as well as making it easier to have a far more aggressive playstyle, since you can easily flank enemies before they can adjust.

With the top tree for Dawnblade, having Icarus back often helped disorient the enemy quite a bit, especially when paired with burst glide, but I'm still horrible at adapting to the inability to feather my jumps thanks to the Winged Sun perk, which I would give anything to disable, as it doesn't feel any more accurate than before.

With the bottom tree, things feel a bit blander, and Phoenix Dive doesn't seem to work at regenerating your health half the time. The saving grace is that the Dawnblade super itself feels far more threatening, though I'm still terrible at it (even worse than I was with Solar Titans in D1!).

Going back to Stormcaller, though, and oh boy. If I wasn't already aggressive before... If feels like the only thing that could really stop me while playing Stormcaller was my hubris. Teamshotting is still a thing, but I also pushed in hard enough to realize that shotguns are a big threat now (the amount of Acrius's that I ran into caused me to reevaluate my face-first-into-Hell approach in some matches).

As far as Heavy ammo, there's a pretty constant supply now, but I died to rockets only once in the handful of matches that I played. Shotguns are the new Crucible Heavy meta it seems... At least for now. Never ran into a fellow sniper, though.

I ran one strike (Exodus Down), and used my Heavy ammo pretty often, but never really ran out, so I started sniping trash mobs, and still wasn't running out. It's pretty dang great to be able to run something other than Wardcliff coil for a change.
Also, did they add new dialogue to those strikes? I was hearing dialogue that Ive never heard before. Then again, I don't play that strike very often...

Anyway, the changes are noticeable for me, and while it won't bring me back, it's definitely a more fun, competitive game than before.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread