Game Over Player One (Gaming)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Saturday, April 07, 2018, 11:06 (2216 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Given the talk about video game movies, on a plot and story level it was fairly entertaining and well done. Not perfect; I felt like Wade’s home situation could have factored into things a little more, but whatever.

Agreed. I know some people ding it for not being the book. In fact, five friends in the row in front of me stood as the lights raised and one said something like “Ohh! That was awful!” Then they started pointing out all the differences from the book. Well... I didn’t read the book exactly so I wouldn’t get bogged down in comparisons. As a movie not meant to be a tent pole extravaganza... I liked it.

Yeah the movie was fun, but it was shockingly backwards socially.

No. You’re just overreaching and trying to cram plot points that were perfectly fine into your pre-formed conclusion of sexism. In this movie some women are good, some women are bad. Multiple women are shown as intelligent and capable and they too are keys to saving the day. But between your bad examples and Korny’s deliberately insulting snipes at Kermit, I want nothing more to do with this thread.

Good day, sirs! To the both of you.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread