Game Over Player One (Gaming)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Saturday, April 07, 2018, 18:31 (2203 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It was my and mine wifes 6 year anniversary. We were excited to see RPO as we had listened to the audio book a while ago. We went to dinner and we both ate too much. Having a 4 year old, going to the theatre for an adult movie was rare, so this was especially exciting. Upon entering the theatre, I started to not feel so well. 5 minutes into the movie and they had already covered the first 3rd of the movie. 20 minutes in and I was bolting from the theatre out of fear if committing bushusuru. (Google it.) Returning to my seat led to many moments of flop sweat, motion nausea and “wtf is happening in this movie?”

As they were obtaining the second key and loading the original book into a woodchipper, I said to my wife “we gotta go!” I could tell she was disappointed but understood my situation. In the parking lot she agreed that the movie was a total bastardization of the book, but considering the bar of nastalgia that the book set, we knew the movie could never match the book.

So we came home and watch The Disaster Artist. We really enjoyed it, as we are avid “The Room” fans. It also didn’t hold up to its bound counterpart but it hit the beats to tell the overarching story.

The end.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread