It's cute (DBO)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Thursday, April 19, 2018, 08:44 (2170 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

It's true the Grimoire is no longer accessible on Bungie.net. I have no idea why, but I also don't think that it's because they plan on making any big changes to the lore. If anything (especially combined with the comment about it being folklore) I think they are trying to more get across the idea that just because a story or idea is in the grimoire or lore does not mean that it's going to be in-game in the future. (A lot of people assumed that because some stories aren't finished in the Grimoire that it would be picked up in future content) I seriously doubt they are going to go and retcon anything major in the Grimoire. A lot of it would actually take work to purposefully retcon that would be unnecessary for DLC.

Now, on the point of lore and story building, as we talked about a little on the podcast, the lore in Destiny 2 is honestly on par with the lore in Destiny 1, it's just not as easy to find. This does annoy me a lot as I mentioned since they talked about making the lore easier to access by putting in game, but they did the opposite unintentionally by making it incredibly difficult to find a specific piece of lore. But there is a lot of good lore added even in CoO, you just have to find the items that have it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread