I tend to share your concerns (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 06:40 (2349 days ago) @ ChrisTheeCrappy

Yea some people seem to like the Grind. It's going to be hard to find a balance. Personally I hated it and Random rolls, as did many, thats why the opinions were voiced and it was changed. But people WANT that Carrot on a stick. Something to chase. If they can figure out how to do that, which I think the Nightfall rewards are a good start in that direction, then it can satisfy both. But as we all know, that is hard.

The right amount of grind works for long-term streamers.

They want a grind that lasts them just long enough to achieve a certain number of specific goals between content drops, so that there's always something to do, but things never get repetitive enough to be boring.

Destiny 1 had too much.

Destiny 2 has too little.

I think that's the broadest outline that can be drawn with regard to Destiny streaming. D1 had lots of long-term streamers continuing to play while they loudly complained about the things they didn't like and simultaneously talking about how they criticized out of love.

Destiny 2 had long-term streamers complaining about having to switch to playing some Fortnite and losing viewers as a result.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread