I’m not too worried about PvP (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, April 24, 2018, 08:56 (2349 days ago) @ Cody Miller

It’s the PvE side that has me anxious about the future.

Ask yourself why grind specifically is being asked for. Not more things to do. Not harder things to do. But specifically grind.

I can’t help but feel like story is mostly a lost cause. The lore is fine. We need STORIES to tell. Since 2014 the lore has been excellent. The narratives not so much.

This might just be a terminology or mindset that only I use but I see a difference in farming and grinding.

In D1 I would regularly, almost daily, pick up bounties and go knock them out, collect planet resources and work on powering up weapons and armor. Everything that I was doing was actively and gradually making a difference and improvement. When I was done, I felt I had accomplished something, had fun and looked forward to playing the next day. That is farming.

In D2, I've completed the story missions and have no reason to replay them. I've collected all of the weapons and armors, all exotics, there is nothing new left for me to collect or earn. But, I've still been playing with my hunter because, during the campaign I didn't know that Quickfang was hunter exclusive, and locked to a story mission...but at some point go the impression that it could drop from Banshee or Shaxx, so I still play in hopes of getting Quickfang...but nothing. This is not particularly fun. This is grinding.

Side note, I've never created a Titan so have started a new campaign over the weekend and it's been fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread