SSD FTW... except when it's not. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 09:51 (2062 days ago) @ breitzen

I recently got a 500GB SSD and it really improves things. I think it was something like 3 minutes flat from a fresh launch of D2 to the Tower On an original One (no bloody A, B, C, D, or X). In game, it also helps me almost entirely avoid all section to section loading pauses. Bungie should fix their stuff, obviously, but adding on an SSD helps with load times across any games you move over to it.

Except... my load times are so fast now that I often load in more than a minute before matchmake players in things like Strikes. And for some odd reason, D2 seems to always hand the job of running and updating mission scripting to the last player to arrive. I have, in some Strikes, loaded in, killed all the enemies to be killed, then have had to wait well over a minute for the last player to arrive since the barrier blocking my path won't go away until they enter my section. Heck, I have fully charged my Super a couple of times during these waits.

So... not only should load times be looked at... I'd also love to see something that starts all players off at the same time in a Strike. It sucks to load in a minute late and have to run and run to catch up. That was me pre SSD. And now is sucks to load in early and wait on the other players to transmat in...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread