360 life on destiny 1 (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 11:39 (2062 days ago) @ Cody Miller

This was my life on the 360 during d1. It took 4 years to do anything.

PC is better in my experience. I feel like 20-45 seconds to log in 20-45 seconds to et to orbit. Loading into the tower can be long though, I wonder if that's a matchmaking issue.

Also: I always thought the order on bounties was backwards. It should be easier to pickup bounties from a UI, then you turn them in at the tower. I want to get right to the action, then I like having a bit of downtime after an intense activity. I'm also coming back to the cryptarch/Postmaster/eververse so I'm already there.

I don't know why we have to pick up bounties at all. Just have all the daily bounties active everyday. All the weekly bounties active every week. It's a pain to pick them up. So don't make me.

I see what you're saying, but I'm also thinking that making people pick up the bounty is the only way to make sure people actually read them. And even in the current situation, people sometimes don't read them fully.

Getting rid of the explicit pickup sequence means you won't miss out on getting credit for something you've actually done because you didn't pick up the bounty for it. But it also means that you might not look at them at all before entering a play space, and therefore might not know that you could have gotten a reward if you'd only gone somewhere else and done some other activity.

As with so many problems with Destiny I can't say I really have a solution I like. Putting all bounties directly into the UI, even if you still want to charge players tokens or glimmer to buy them might make sense, but that makes the play space activities less engaging and immersive, as there's no longer any reason to visit characters like Petra or Spider.

Loading times do seem to be much better on SSD. It certainly seems like, between slow load times on HDDs and framerate issues in public events, like current Xbox and PS4 games are being built around the assumption of PS4 Pro or Xbox 1X capabilities, including an SSD, with just a nod to backwards compatibility.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread