It's Not Just Mayhem, Though... (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, December 21, 2018, 12:10 (1954 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Fantom was helping me with some multiplayer required B.S. for an Exotic quest, and we came across a guy with some Forsaken super. It was basically a cross between Nightstalker and the invisible version of Bladedancer. After nearly our entire team(by the way, team as in SIX PEOPLE) was spawn killed endlessly by this one Super(me personally at least three or four times), I asked him why the Super was lasting so long. Fantom explained to me that on top of the Super lasting a long time by itself, there's a Forsaken-exclusive Exotic that extends the duration of the wearer's Super to match the length of their ISP's next billing cycle. It was 3 minutes and 17 seconds before he was far enough away for us to fill him up with bullets(he was camping, too), meaning if we hadn't been able to stop him, he would've had his Super active for the entire game.

The patch on December 4 fixed a bug in that armor piece that allowed extension of your super without needing kills - looks like the game you're talking about happened before that.

Sounds like it sucked to face that - but i've never seen anyone use that vest that well (before or after the bug fix). It's pretty unusual.

Before the patch, I ran into a few players in comp who kept their supers going for ~3 minutes several times. I only started messing with it myself in the past couple weeks, but even now (post patch) I’ll thpically get 5-7 kills with a single super in Quickplay. It’s pretty insane :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread