Well Obviously. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Monday, December 24, 2018, 23:48 (1950 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I hesitate to weigh in here, because, to be honest, I don’t care enough to respond point by point.

I’ll just say my experience with blade barrage in normal play is the complete opposite of yours. It’s totally possible to dodge, you can absolutely kill hunters while they are popping that super, and it’s just generally not that annoying. It’s definitely far below Nova Warp, Spectral Blades, Tether, and Fist of Panic in how bullshit it feels to be killed by.

Of course you can dodge the Blade Barrage, obviously.

If you use Blink right as the blades separate.
On the other side of the map.
in Destiny 1.

And listen, I know that half second passes quickly. It's easy to get the timing confused. You can kill them immediately after they toss their Supers. It's how most of them die; right after auto-tracking at least three other players scattered across the cosmos. You'd better pray to whatever non-existent deity up there that you kill 'em before the activate their Super. But you can. (not that it matters because they instantly respawn and just use it anyway, Mayhem or not)

But the only possible way for anyone to kill an active Blade Barrage during its spinning animation is either:

No other way. Ever.

Not auto rifles, not rocket launchers, not Queenbreaker's(good luck getting a headshot), sure as hell not with other supers--not even everyone's precious Thunderlord and Savior. You might be able to get them with a ThunderTrack(sure.), but the timing would literally be meteoric.

You show me someone killing a Blade Barrager mid-Blade Barrage with any method other than the three listed or the ThunderTrack super(or kicking them from your fireteam) and I will livestream Mixer my deletion of the only 10 Legendary weapons I use, the only Raid weapon I ever received--and just because they're high level--my Telesto, Sunshot and Riskrunner.

By next Xursday.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread