I took Korny's Advice: I need a shower (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Friday, December 21, 2018, 13:08 (1953 days ago) @ Morpheus

Lol. I'm not going to go too deep down the trail of "it actually takes skill" but I will say that it behaves exactly like many of the other supers.

you missed at least half of the blades you threw, and Bungie gave you the kills anyway.

Where did you get the impression that it should take a certain number of blades to get a kill? A titan's roaming fist of havoc can kill many enemies without using more than half the super. The explosion of a nova bomb has after effect explosions that kill people that may not have been in the area. Tickle-fingers? Hell, I've been hit by a titan shield that bounced off of someone else and hit me. If you think that titan aimed at me, you're kidding yourself.

That second throw, you didn't even know where they were. A literal shot in a general 180 degree FOV. And you got a Double Kill from it.

With the tether super you start the animation and can then move your perspective for the few seconds it takes to charge up and actually fire. You say I didn't know they were there. I did. Like a gunslinger who charges up before going around the corner, I started the animation when I saw their ping, and then turned around by the time I released it.

Tracking that puts ex-Truth to shame, one-hit kills regardless of shields or Supers, and even when they miss, they un-miss.

Yeah, the tracking is strong, but the third person perspective makes it a bit tricky. Those "missed shots" are all straight lines within the cone (not 180 degrees) of release from the character's perspective.

This particular piece of armor in this particular play mode is a bit wonky, but the actual behavior of the super in normal circumstances is fairly in line with the lethality/utility of other supers. The piece that's broken is its ability to chain indefinitely in this one unique mode.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread