Sony's the holdout, methinks. (Off-Topic)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 14:05 (1874 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Korny, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 14:17

To be able to do it freely, however, you run into a lot of issues involving real-world purchases made on one platform not transferring over (such as fan-made content, which can only be purchased with real money, and is a massive part of the game's monetization), but it would be a "better than nothing" solution.

Guess I don't care about that. For those who want to, let us choose the account we want to keep across all platforms and wipe everything else out. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Easy for you, maybe not as much for others, especially those who have plenty of time and money invested into multiple platforms. And what happens to our Eververse purchases?

Regarding DE, not sure how relevant Warframe is to Destiny. I have zero interest in their particular issues.

Look at it this way. If your account is shared between platforms in Destiny, you won't have access to anything that was acquired through Eververse. At the very least, anything that was purchased with Silver or Silver Dust that came from a direct result of Silver-purchased engrams. How would they be able to discern from earned dust and purchased dust? They wouldn't, I don't think, so they'd probably just wipe that due to contractual obligation, and you'd be locked out on one platform, since you didn't make the purchase from them (this includes nullifying your existing Silver on the migrated platform). DE has pointed that out as one real, existing issue, so Bungie would no doubt run into it as well, and not everyone is Kermit, so for a lot of people, that's a big deal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread