Great question, actually... (Off-Topic)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, January 30, 2019, 18:56 (1912 days ago) @ Korny

I think you and I had this conversation once before, but . . .

I still think the best play would be for every platform to just let it ride. Let microtransaction stuff just be account wide, no matter the platform. It'd all even out, eventually, I think. I would hazard a guess that most people probably only have one console anyway, so they'd obviously just spend the money on that console.

Those with multiple platforms would spend money anywhere, I think. If I was playing on PS4 and saw a cosmetic I wanted, I'd just buy it there (if I knew that it would still remain with me when I switched to another platform for an evening). I have no way to back it up, but I feel like most people would do the same. I don't think many would intentionally switch platforms just to buy something. It would spread that microtransaction money around. If they keep that stuff platform specific, it just ensures that I will switch to my preferred platform to spend money. So, if you're Sony, you get none of my sweet dollars, as I'd buy everything on Xbox. But if they just let it go wherever, I'd be just as likely to give that 30% cut to Sony as I would Microsoft. I think it would mostly equalize.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread