Sony's the holdout, methinks. (Off-Topic)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Thursday, January 31, 2019, 07:38 (1874 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I’m with you, but that’s probably not easy. Think of all the Eververse items you have. Shaders, ghosts, transmat effects, ships, sparrows, weapon and armor ornaments, armor, emotes.

What happens to those if they’re equipped and you sign in on another platform? They’d probably have to get auto-vaulted and locked somehow. That’s a messy solution, and it means now I have to spend ten minutes every time I sign in picking the right gear. That’s without even considering how difficult that might be to accomplish from their end.

If that’s the cost of being able to platform hop, I’ll take it, but I hope they could figure something else out.

I mean it's basically all down to who gets the money right? And of course the console exclusives... But if you iron that out from the get go that shouldn't be as hard. Basically what they need to do is have a contract that states a percentage of the micro-transactions going forward. Then all items could be transferred right?

Am I missing something here? I mean getting the console giants to sign that deal might not be easy, but I feel like that needs to be a standard from the start of a game going forward.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread