I took an important step today . . . (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, August 09, 2019, 08:35 (1722 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I deleted my fucking blue Solstice armor and did something fun instead.

I was wrong. This quest fucking sucks.

I did something I never thought I would, and grinded out the Legendaries, because I really wanted to be able to use the damaged helmet ornament for my Titan...
Only to find out that the damaged skin was only for the Year 1 armor. Womp womp.

On the bright side, my Titan got a 750 armor set (up from 500), which has exponentially increased the value of my powerful weapon engrams, which in turn means more reasonable loot for my other two classes, to get them ready for cross-saves. An overall win.

Funny side note, the 100 EAZ boss grind was the most enjoyable part for me, because it felt like a competitive mode:
Try to kill 8-12 bosses in a run before the other players could get to them (Hallowfire/Melting point/Ikelos to two-shot the bosses), then hop into a new instance the moment time ran out, and race the new guys.

I wonder who was the genius at Bungie that gave us a challenge that actively discourages teamwork, fighting the final bosses, and decided that garbage-containing boxes would entice players to stay.
The fact that they have a fully-playtested and easily-implemented change to this challenge makes me feel like they knew how stupid this part was, but wanted to get away with wasting as much of people's time as they could, until people started exploiting and cheesing it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread