I think a curse should rest on me (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 12:45 (1713 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by cheapLEY, Saturday, August 10, 2019, 13:12

I can totally see that angle. I won’t fault anyone for enjoying the armor grind.

I also had a lot of fun using weapons and subclasses I typically ignore. I’ve been running Orpheus Rigs Hunter and almost nothing else for a year now. The recent nerf (if you can even call it that), and the EAZ making Stompees stand out (along with Xur selling Stompees with Traction) has me gravitating between Stompees and Frostees quite a bit, when I wouldn’t have dreamed of using anything but Orpheus Rigs before. I also pulled out a Prometheus Lens for the first time since Curse of Osiris, and I had a blast with it.

It still just feels like too much of a chore for me.

I understand what the armor quest is attempting to do. It’s pushing players to do a bit of everything. The best nights of Destiny I’ve ever had are the nights with a bunch of people online, with people dipping in and out of different parties and fireteams. The nights when you go from Crucible to a Nightfall to Gambit to Blind Well and an Ascendant Challenge then back to Crucible and then into the patrol spaces then to wherever else. If the armor quest had ended up working that way, it could have been great. But it seems like no one played that way, and instead focused on grinding one step at a time, and it just wasn’t fun.

I’ve fallen back into Destiny really hard over this season. It’s been really great. Chasing this armor was the surest way to turn that around and lead to me abandoning the game until Shadowkeep. I’m having too much fun chasing exotics and Redrix and the Bad Juju catalyst to want that. But something has to give, and giving up on the armor (even though I still want it!) was the obvious choice.

Edit: Your point about it looking cool and feeling rewarding to earn and the recognition of seeing someone in the armor is important. Destiny 2 hasn’t ever really had that. I desperately want to see Age of Triumph style ornaments come back. It added a lot to that era of Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread