I took an important step today . . . (Destiny)

by bluerunner @, Music City, Friday, August 09, 2019, 12:14 (1694 days ago) @ Korny

And then Bungie turned it into a chore, gave people incentive to be selfish jerks, and made us hate the EAZ.

You write that as though you believe it was done sequentially - Bungie built a cool space, then Bungie turned that cool space into a chore. It wasn't sequential - we just didn't see the chore at first. (Or, we didn't realize - and THEY didn't realize - that the pretty straightforward "kill minibosses" task would incentivize stupidity when we first saw the playspace.)

That is: all of the ingredients for dislike were there in minute 1 - we just hadn't realized it yet.

Right. The downfall came with the Blue armor requirements, which most of us didn't have Day 1.

Wanna play some Competitive with me?

Yee. I haven't been on Xbox, since I gave up my Xbox armor grind when they announced that Cross-saves would be this month, but now that I'm done with that, I'm up for anything. Should be on later tonight. Also, I don't know if you messaged me, as I haven't had a phone the past week; I think Texas ruined it, as it does everything else in it.

Wait, aren't you married to a Texan?

I too would be down for some competitive if you see me online.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread