Yeah on iPhone try it with the free trial of Arcade (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 23, 2019, 07:21 (1677 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't care about ownership all that much. However, I do worry what it does to an industry that's already full of dogshit labor practices. What happens to developers when games become ever more disposable because they're all available for a $10 a month subscription?

See the music industry. And developers can't make all their money with concerts with the music as a lead in, so I'm guessing we'll get more shit slimy microtransactions and subscription shit.

Yay!

Also, you said it yourself: half the games you buy you want to replay and keep forever.

Subscriptions don't bother me. The fact that there are so many competing subscriptions bother me. When it come to games, I'm actually playing more games because of Gamepass. Games I probably never would have come close to buying because I can play for a couple hours, if I like it, sure I'll keep playing it. But would I spend 50 bucks on Gears 5 even if people were saying it was better than the last couple but nothing mind blowing? Heck no. That could be said about music too. Hearing a 30 second snippet of a song on iTunes does almost nothing for me. In most cases, some of my favorite songs takes 2-3 full listens before I truly like them.

So yeah, I'm okay with having a giant library that I can pick and choose without a huge sink in cost.

Does it bother me that I don't have access to some games? Yeah, kinda. But not really. If I REALLY want to play a game, I can basically pay like 10 bucks to play that game for a month.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread