Yeah on iPhone try it with the free trial of Arcade (Gaming)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, September 23, 2019, 09:01 (1676 days ago) @ Cody Miller

You can do all of those things except give games to your friends. But at the same time, if we all have subscriptions you really don't need to do that! Also, why give a game to a friend when you can just play with them instead? You can't share a single disk between two consoles.

Where does the money go?

10 bucks a month is two games a year. If you play more than that, someone is losing money. Do developers get paid every time someone plays? Do they get paid a piece of the pie split among everyone else?

Yeah, I bet you the average gamer doesn't buy 2 full priced games a year for Consoles. I know that solely for the fact that subscriptions have been going for a while and companies are collapsing. This year was the first time in a while I've bought 2 full priced games in a year. Destiny and Borderlands 3. Oh wait, Destiny was last year. So that debunks that. And I'm not certain, but I bet I'm an above average gamer.

If nobody is paying for your game directly, what real incentive do you have to make a great lasting experience?

Money does not equal incentive. I'm a software Engineer, I don't create great code because I'm paid money, I do it because I'm a perfectionist and I enjoy coding. I ask for more money to pay my ever increasing bills and to buy cool things.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread