Yeah on iPhone try it with the free trial of Arcade (Gaming)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 23, 2019, 17:47 (1677 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So the issue is price.

But then why would you have never played theses games? They eventually drop in price in the bargain bin or used. That’s why I’m confused. Eventually they will hit the price you are willing to pay.

When you said you’d never have played them that is still unclear to me.

It must be wonderful to be omniscient!

I don't have game pass - but I have the equivalent for movies (streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO).

I watch movies on streaming services that I wouldn't even consider seeing in the theater. It has nothing to do with how good the movie is; I don't know, I don't really care. I'm just not willing to pay $15 for something that isn't something I've been waiting for. However, at home, on a service that I pay for whether I use it or not, the calculus is reversed; the more I watch, the more use I get out of the money I've spent. So I'll try lots of stuff that might be good and might not - it doesn't matter, it's all making the money I spent already go farther. (There's a hard limit on how much time there is to spend, of course.)

I would look at a game service like Game Pass exactly the same way.

I suppose that if I found a game that captured me the way the Halo games did, or the Destiny games, that I'd go out and buy it. (And probably let my Game Pass expire - the primary reason I don't have a Game Pass is because I'd be wasting money on it, given that 100% of my gaming time goes to Destiny, and I'm good with that.)

Bottom line, though - if I had a service that let me sample any game I wanted, I'd play a lot more games, because there's not a huge downside to doing so.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread