Gotta Catch da Loot (Criticism)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 16:56 (1643 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by INSANEdrive, Saturday, September 28, 2019, 17:12

Name one downside for the player if the game does a check to prevent dupe exotic drops. You can already get a second one from a kiosk if you want another.

I can’t think of a single reason. It would alleviate frustration, but investment systems and microtransactions are necessarily built upon frustration. This should tell you everything.

In the past an exotic dupe was a GREAT way to bump light, because it was one of the only ways to really get a huge boost in light. With random rolls, the idea with an exotic armor having the extra kick was a nice idea, if a touch silly.

Haveing said that, as the game has matured, I agree. I has made less and less sense to have duped exotic weapons and armor. Especially when person is already at hard cap and STILL doesn't yet even have ALL the exotics (for ANY CLASS)! I look forward to getting an "Getaway Artist" from Xur next week (or the week after that)! It looks like fun.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread