Death Stranding is really cool. (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, November 10, 2019, 02:38 (1623 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I've heard this is a decently long game (like 50-60 hours or even more), so who knows if the gameplay loop I've seen so far will remain compelling, but I'm really enjoying it so far.

I’ve put seventeen hours into my current run, and I’m still on chapter 3. I’ve spent so much time just building paths, bridges, and resources for other players, as well as finishing their shipments to and fro. I’ve done very little in the way of pushing the story forward, but I make sure to do so periodically, to keep Sammy engrossed. Somehow she hasn’t complained about the tedium of watching little more than traversal and construction, which is surprising. The little details keep her entertained, and the BT encounters are tense, if a bit too easy (and I’m playing on Hard).

Also, pay attention to the little inconsistencies during Beach scenes. The game doesn’t draw attention to them at all, but I noticed some shortly before I restarted the game, and it hit me how often I was missing them during the second viewing. Exciting stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread