Question (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Sunday, November 10, 2019, 18:30 (1621 days ago) @ Kermit

if you can answer without spoilers. Is this a game that benefits from being an early adopter? Does this stuff you're making persist? I don't want to get on in a few months and it's all roads and no wilderness and generators littering the ground.

No, I think you'll be fine, for a few reasons.

1. You can't see things people place until you connect that area to the network. Sam's mission is to travel across the country and connect areas to what amounts to the internet. Once you do that, you can see the things other people have built, but your first trek across a space will almost always be when it's not connected yet, and so you have to navigate it unaided.

2. There is a deterioration mechanic. Things will not stick around forever without feeding more resources into them to keep them around.

I'm not sure exactly how the game determines what to pull in. There's obviously some sort of limit on it, otherwise you'd just see shit everywhere. And I still haven't seen anything from Korny or Cody (and I do wish the game would prioritize friends).

I'm still very early in chapter three, but I will say that so far the game is a little too quick to connect areas to the grid. I wish it let you stew in the unconnected wilderness a bit more. I suspect that is probably coming, though, it just wants to show of it's mechanics and make a case for why connecting is so worthy before it makes you really work for it. At least I hope that's the case.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread