What are your thoughts on Star Wars: Fallen Order. (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, November 22, 2019, 16:14 (1616 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I think it’s worth playing, even though I don’t think it’s a truly great game. It is very good, just not great.

I think it has a lot of great ideas, it just doesn’t put the pieces together extremely well. The combat is fun. I honestly recommend playing on one of the easier settings. It’s not that difficult even on the highest setting, but it’s not as tight as something like Bloodborne or Sekiro (which it’s really feels like it’s trying to emulate), so it ends up with a lot of frustrating little edges.

I’m not a huge fan of the exploration aspect of the game. The world design just isn’t that interesting. It’s just a series of diverging hallways. Again, they try to do the Dark Souls/Bloodborne thing with diverging paths and opening shortcuts, but they all end up feeling like obvious video game spaces instead of real world locations. It’s not bad, but again, just not particularly well done.

That said, the story is really well done and worth seeing, and while there aren’t any huge revelations, it does end up feeling important within Star Wars.

It’s a fun game that’s absolutely worth playing. I think it’s worth paying full price for, if you really love Star Wars, but, at the same time, it’s not something you can’t live without. I’d maybe wait for a bit and see if it gets patched. I ran into quite a few issues. A few hard crashes, lots of frame rate and loading issues, even in the One X (though almost never in combat).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread