On being overwhelmed (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, December 27, 2019, 20:05 (1579 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I suppose there are a few caveats. I do enjoy the ritual activities. When I’m in patrol I like to hit up Patrol Beacons and hit most Public events I cross. A handful of Crucible matches means 5+ cookies. Insofar as time? Caveat is I’m on PC with Destiny on an M.2 drive.

And it isn’t like I can’t do other bounties while getting the Essence collected. I’ve gone from 82 to 85 just in the small handful of IB games I was able to play so far today. YMMV, of course. But I think it’s pretty easy to mix in with anything else I want to do.

It's not difficult, it's just a pain in the ass.

You have to stop every four minutes to switch weapon types to focus on whatever weapons you have bounties for. Then you have to run back to the Tower every twenty minutes to load up on more bounties (or move on to another activity that still has active bounties).

They doubled-down on making it feel lie you're wasting your playtime if you don't focus on very specific activities to work on that season level.

Bounties should absolutely not be the main source of XP for seasonal ranks. It's really silly. XP should just come from doing stuff. It's sort of ridiculous that you can do a Nightfall and get basically nothing, whereas the twenty minutes that activity takes could have been far better spent doing Destination Bounties or something. They just actively encouraging the worst way to play the game.

For a game that wants you to play with friends, they sure sure go out of their way to cause as much annoyance as possible. You either have to forego that valuable XP, or you have to annoy your party by making Tower runs every time you finish an activity.

For a game that they say they want you to play however you want, they sure do insist on railroading you onto a pretty direct path for progression, if you want to make progress in a reasonable time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread