On being overwhelmed (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Saturday, December 28, 2019, 03:30 (1574 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So the thing about this perspective that always razzes my berries is that what you present is a request that how you personally would like to invest your time in game should be the most efficient way to gain experience for a seasonal loot track that is available for about 12 weeks. Some folks ran through it in under a week. Some took two or three.

You might feel railroaded to complete this secondary activity in a specific way. It is definitely appropriate to say that you are being guided to certain methods. But Bungie directing you to the Matchmade Ritual Activities and the current Seasonal Event are hardly nefarious. Even having you visit the Tower periodically is far from some devaluation of your time by some game devs.

Forgoing XP to not "annoy your friends" is a conscious decision you are making just as much as not playing with friends to focus on grinding XP would be. Making a choice to play with weapons you regularly wouldn't to get Bounty XP is also choosing how you want to play.

I forego a lot of bounties and play what I feel like playing, to include "low efficiency" activities. With 73 days left in the season I have 11 more ranks to get to hit 100. Personally I think these issues are mole hills, and nothing more. Any magnification of that is chosen perspective.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread