Is That In One GAME?! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Saturday, December 28, 2019, 12:02 (1577 days ago) @ cheapLEY
edited by Korny, Saturday, December 28, 2019, 12:10

If it is, that's a special kind of stupid, even by Bungie's standards. As it is, a heavy brick only gets you what, one rocket now, maybe two.

Not gonna lie, I'm really starting to hate Bungie's quests. I get that they want to show us everything, but stuff like this isn't the way to do it.

Yup. All in one single match. And you lose progress if you die.

Wait, for real?

Would I give blatantly false information to anyone for my own amusement?

I just assumed people were blowing this way out of proportion. If that’s true, that’s really dumb. All the steps last season were cumulative.

Regardless of whether or not ten rocket kills is a lot to ask, the problem is that if you want to get past a restrictive wall that keeps you from getting armor as drops (which, given how all of the IB weapons are just recycled drops, armor is the only thing worth chasing), you have no choice but to endure the grind. There are zero workarounds (and the game will only start tracking your rocket kills when you get to that step).

And as a guy who rarely touches Heavy, having to change my playstyle to include "camp around Heavy Spawn and hope we win it, then hope I get a kill, then repeat the process successfully at least nine more times", on top of having to equip a Rocket Launcher (which I suck with), just to eventually progress a single half step of the quest?

It's poop.

And if you want to run a second character in IB? RIP

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread