Obelisk Mods and Team Buffs (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 05:58 (1528 days ago) @ squidnh3

First, I would like to note that we actually had a light discussion about this a little over a month ago. Perhaps this can be the follow up, eh Squid?

The main thing I ended up using a lot as a result of that thread is the "Taking Charge/High Energy Fire" fire combo, where you get Charged by picking up orbs (good with masterworked weapons) and those charges give you increased weapon damage until you defeat an enemy. This combo appears to work quite good in raid and Gambit, where someone is usually putting down a Well or Tether to generate orbs. I've thought about also adding "Powerful Friends" to the mix, which would give players nearby Charges, but haven't quite gotten to the point of coordinating that with anyone.

This is exactly the kind of stuff I want to get into. At the end of the night last night, I'd equipped the mod that grants Charged on shotgun/fusion multikills, and a mod that adds Charges to nearby teammates when I get Charged. In addition, it has a huge boost to Mobility when I have an elemental affinity equipped. In essence, we can all kind of craft our own Aeon armors this way...

Also, I don't know if I can tell the difference with High Energy Fire. I had a build recently that used it, but I'm not sure I felt the extra damage.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread