Obelisk Mods and Team Buffs (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 10:42 (1528 days ago) @ squidnh3

It seems like very few people engaged with this set of seasonal mods, so I wonder how Bungie will approach them moving forward. Maybe being able to use them on sets of armor obtained outside of the current season will help.

I feel like it was sort of an endgame-after-the-endgame for a lot of folks, because they were focused on the Seasonal grind first. At least it was like that for me.

When we were discussing this during Iron Banner last night I was convinced that Charged with Light didn't actually apply to PvP, but it looks like I was wrong about that. I think in it's current form it's pretty impractical - the only reasonable way to get Charges in PvP would be picking up Orbs or specific weapon double kills, not things you can count on consistently (and if you get a double kill in Trials, you are already probably in pretty good shape).

Yeah, agree here. In regular Crucible matches, I can see shotgun or fusion (or possibly sniper) double kills being a valuable source of Charges (not to mention orbs). That's probably what I'll tune for. Currently, it seems like most of them are the most useful in PvE/Gambit situations. But I'm hoping for a slew of funky new mods in Season of the Worthy.

Annnnd I guess I'm going to be spending a fair amount of time on this spreadsheet. I'm still convinced that Phoenix Cradle/Sun Warrior team buffs are worth it, but it seems like the damage stacks from Code of the Devastator are allowed to stack with other things, which keeps that tree as an attractive fallback option if the Sun Warrior isn't doing it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread