Obelisk Mods and Team Buffs (Destiny)

by squidnh3, Wednesday, February 19, 2020, 09:55 (1521 days ago) @ Malagate

So does that mean it won't stack with Sun Warrior either?

Correct. Here's a link to a spreadsheet somebody on Reddit has compiled with all the current damage increase stacking information.

HEF seems one of the lesser-useful perks, given what's on offer, but I can see the appeal.

Based on this new understanding, it seems like it's best application is for killing Champions in Nightfalls or in Gambit, where you aren't necessary going to have a global buff active every time you are doing damage to a strong enemy.

Now I'm really wondering what the new Seasonal Mods are going to be, assuming the Obelisk Mods aren't going away; it will be really interesting to see which apply and how well to Trials gameplay.

It seems like very few people engaged with this set of seasonal mods, so I wonder how Bungie will approach them moving forward. Maybe being able to use them on sets of armor obtained outside of the current season will help.

When we were discussing this during Iron Banner last night I was convinced that Charged with Light didn't actually apply to PvP, but it looks like I was wrong about that. I think in it's current form it's pretty impractical - the only reasonable way to get Charges in PvP would be picking up Orbs or specific weapon double kills, not things you can count on consistently (and if you get a double kill in Trials, you are already probably in pretty good shape).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread