Destiny nowadays? also rantiness (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, April 02, 2020, 09:22 (1485 days ago) @ General Vagueness
edited by Kermit, Thursday, April 02, 2020, 09:25

And there a some things I hope Bungie NEVER learns from Blizzard…

https://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=165653

I wish I could say I've missed you but going over that thread and others I wonder why I ever cared what you had to say. You're not a dumb guy or a bad guy but holy shit you go on and on and on. Also I despise when people link to an article to give their opinion instead of just stating it. Please just tell me (in the length of this post or less) what you dislike about Blizzard re: China.
Also also Kermit, I gotta say, a boycott is not a "mob", it's organized not-buying. A mob burns shit down. Next you're going to say workers going on strike is forming a mob.

No, I'm not going to say that, because that's kind of dumb. It's interesting in a thread were you criticize internet bullying that you don't recognize mob behavior online, and how that can destroy people's lives and businesses, and how, more often than not, the punishment does not fit the crime. I'm not against boycotts in principle, but with the advent of social media, I see it used more often as a tool to punish people you disagree with--it's an effective way to "win" that bypasses the hard work of building consensus by making persuasive arguments. Cody was calling attention to an issue, and I respect that.

Talking about stuff like it's bad rarely does anything, a boycott or strike is just about the minimum of what will actually have an effect, it's just sad it's also the maximum that's ethical most of the time.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread