It's just life, brother. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, April 04, 2020, 18:31 (1473 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I've not made this post for Korny, I made this post for you. What I've done with my little nudge is try and defend you from YOURSELF and your... how should I put this... regrettably baked in lack of social grace.

As you say it's baked in. This is nothing new, you guys just haven't seen it lately, and I was too chickenshit to directly call him and others something as blatant as "fucking assholes" before, because I wanted everyone to like me, even the people who never will.

YOU'VE DONE NOTHING! All you have done is hurt yourself with immaturity. It's like you think you're in some Western. Just walking into a bar and ya just START SWING'N! In what probably going to totally blow-yer-gasket, it doesn't matter how true or just you think your action is. YOU'RE now the asshole in the situation. In the action you chose, you lost socially. HARD. In "real life", if you did as I describe in my metaphor, Korny could press charges, and he'd be in the right. It doesn't matter how true or just you think your action is. YOU LOSE Child!

(Oh, and hey - be true to yourself, and you'll be liked. Trick is figuring out what that is.)

I could search and find a bunch of these little insults like the one he leveled against you from the time I was gone, and I could point you to stuff from further back where he went way over the line. You said it yourself, found this in a quick search, "Every other word was baseless vitriol, and every word after that was a pessimism present-day Korny seemingly aspires to." He's not pleasant to anyone. But you don't seem to care, and that legitimately makes me sad and frustrated.

It's true I've had disagreements. It happens, and you move on. That's life, brother. Sometimes you're going to have to rub shoulders with folks who ain't exactly sweet as a rose. More thorns then anything. Oh the stories I could tell on the assholes I've had to work with, oh-my-tap-danceing-heavens above. You don't often get to pick and choose who you meet among your travels in this life, you can only adapt yourself.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread