Oh... Rorschach. (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, April 04, 2020, 15:08 (1475 days ago) @ INSANEdrive
edited by General Vagueness, Saturday, April 04, 2020, 15:28

That's a bit harsh yourself, calling me a monster. Why are you defending someone that most likely has no respect for you?

*Sigh* It's a saying from Friedrich Nietzsche, but I suppose it's all for not. It goes something like this...

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

I'm familiar with the phrase, I just didn't know from so little context what you were referring to. (and it's "for naught")

I've not made this post for Korny, I made this post for you. What I've done with my little nudge is try and defend you from YOURSELF and your... how should I put this... regrettably baked in lack of social grace.

As you say it's baked in. This is nothing new, you guys just haven't seen it lately, and I was too chickenshit to directly call him and others something as blatant as "fucking assholes" before, because I wanted everyone to like me, even the people who never will.
I could search and find a bunch of these little insults like the one he leveled against you from the time I was gone, and I could point you to stuff from further back where he went way over the line. You said it yourself, found this in a quick search, "Every other word was baseless vitriol, and every word after that was a pessimism present-day Korny seemingly aspires to." He's not pleasant to anyone. But you don't seem to care, and that legitimately makes me sad and frustrated.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread