I hope everyone likes doing bounties! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 11:29 (1620 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Thanks for posting this. That trailer got me kinda hyped, and that gear looks really cool, so I was considering reinstalling. Thanks for convincing me but to waste my time.

I mean, you can get all the gear without playing the event. Literally everything in that trailer is available for real money on Eververse. You can "earn" some of it from participation in the event, in the sense that you get a bit of Bright Dust from the bounties.

That trailer though . . . I really want to know. Are the people who work at Bungie really excited about this and think it’s great, or are they all actually completely full of shit? And which is worse?

I've been saying it for ages, the hype from the employees is 100% manufactured for marketing purposes, using the same rote techniques. I caught flak last time I pointed this out, because people were sure that the hype (complete with forced appearance from David Samuel) was real, and content would be great. BUT ALAS.
Play the bounty grind for an hour, then watch that trailer and tell me that those people are legitimately hyped for the event.

Oh, and if you just want that new Exotic LMG? It's an 11 Triumph grind, and each of those Triumphs is a grind on its own, including one where you have to get 25 Super kills in Rumble, where you're lucky to get one Super in a match, and people are quitting as soon as they pop their Super, which makes it harder for you to build your own if you're not one of the first. Well done, Bungalo.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread