A question of perspective. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 16:37 (1620 days ago) @ Harmanimus

You don’t think bounties play into that? It’s hard to play the way I want in the RPG when bounties constantly require me to ignore the gear I actually want to use to swap out weapons every 30 kills. I either have to spend hours doing that for the bounties across every activity, or I have to spend ridiculous amounts of time picking up bounties and working out the most efficient way to knock them out simultaneously so I can be done.

The bounty requirements completely negate the play how you want ethos unless they happen to align with stuff I actually like using.

That’s before even getting into the Artifact and Champion mods forcing a select few play styles.

All of that would be fine as extra flavor and encouragement to try different styles, but the way the game is designed around then basically make those requirements instead of gentle suggestions to move out of the comfort zone.

Modern Destiny the definitive example on how not to handle a live service investment game. I realize that’s not a universal sentiment, but I have a genuinely hard time believing that anyone is actually thrilled about the last few years of Destiny, both from the perspective of the players and the developers.

I just wish Bungie would be straight with us for once. If this is actually what they want to Destiny to be, I wish they would say that so I could cross it off my list forever and move on, rather than the empty promises and hype trailers that do genuinely point to the game finally realizing some sort of hidden potential. It’s like an abusive relationship I just can’t walk away from. And I realize that has as much to do with me as it does with Bungie, but they aren’t blameless.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread