It is as I "feared". (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 18:30 (1620 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY
edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 19:22

So look, this is a hot take. It's a rant on the internet, with a bunch of sentence enhancers for good measure. I've not read this branch of the thread yet. Here I go.

So here it is out front; I am beyond disappointed, angry even (a little bit), but I am not surprised. In fact, I expected it, which honestly pisses me off a little too. This is all part of the established pattern. It was so in D1, and seems to be so for D2 as well. With the big refreshes, the new ideas, new spaces to play, exotic gear or new perks to mix up the play; Destiny is fun. But as time goes on they just... squeeze that foodnipple DRY! It's almost tongue-in-cheek, "SO THAT'S where powdered milk comes from".

There is... SOOOOO MUCH potential with this idea. Perhaps that's why it "hurts" so much, at this point it's always had it. Potential! Ohhh Ahhh potential! FUCK! I'm so exasperated from Bungie just SQUANDERING this franchise! Sure do wish y'all get on with it already!! I would LOVE to see some spaces that really DIGGED into the characters "style". Here, for fun, behold some examples!

----------------------------------------------------------------

TITANS! Ya'll get a Horde Mode or something of a like where your job is to make sure NO FOE CROSSES "this" line or something. Titans are the WALL? SHOW ME! BE THE WALL WITH YOUR TITAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS! SHOULDER WALL to SHOULDER WALL!

(Admittedly this seasons Rasputin Public Events are already like that, it just doesn't care about character. It's just... "stuff to do".)

HUNTERS! Shit, ya'll could have some stealth game play, or some type of sabotage thing. In fact, lets really make this interesting, the results of this effects the Titans somehow. Cloak, jump, evade and get it done under the threat of a timetable.

WARLOCKS! Kind of both jobs. We're not only the Intel that makes sure everyone else knows where to go, but the finishers (or whatever you'd call Osirises efforts). Not sure what method of play this would be, but... in my head the idea would be along the lines of...

...because I mean... DUH!

----------------------------------------------------------------

"BUT INSANEdrive!..." any one who reads this with an idea of the struggles of game creation might say, "that's all fun and dandy but bringing such an idea to life takes alot of time". And yea, my dear hypothetical, I know I know. Ya got alot on your plate, and no doubt all these bugs haven't helped things either. After all, fixing a bug means less time for other stuff. Plus - since the Darkness is coming, y'all MUST make sure that when THE - THE Foe of Destiny which has silently been "hyped" for over seven years gets here, it's all worth it. Failing that could just... kill the game. Full stop. It's probably not a hard guess to presume the possibility that there will be a raid on one of these ships (or within our very minds).

I am a friend in the cause. I understand. Shoot, just the testing alone! Not just Xbox, but PS4, PC (and all its variables) and state of the art cloud tech! That's some pretty crazy stuff you need to make sure all works best you can!

But Bungie... or shall I say Bungie Leads, from where I sit right now, y'all wasted time. ALOT of time. Precious, golden, never enough... time. Bungie LEADS, What the FUCK is going on!?!?

YOU WASTED YOUR TIME!!!!

Somewhere, 6, 8, a year go, someone said - "HEY! Let's make a completely new event, with new assets to be created (which takes time!), that looks fresh, but is the same shit we've had our players do for the last year! They'll LOVE IT!"

Did ANYONE push back at Bungie!?!? Did anyone say, "Hey - this might not be the best idea to go after right now". That it should be (or say DESERVES to be) fleshed out more? Or was it - sure whatever ya say boss! As long as I can put a payment down on my next lamborghini!

RRAAAAA! The insult here, is that Bungie apparently thought (and this regardless weather they actually do or not), that more of the same gosh-darned slop with a new color was ok. THEY PUBLISHED IT! THEY PUT THEIR NAME ON IT!

I can only give so much benefit of the doubt. Congratu-freek'n-ation Bungie, you found the limit. As seems to be the trend of 2020, you found a way to lower the bar in ways I didn't want to see. Now? Now I'm just sad, which is surprising, as I thought you had squeezed the last bit of emotion out of me in that way too. Guess not. No tears, just straight salt at this point. Shit.

Shame.

Shame.

Bungie, you were better then this once. Please - someone fire your leads! Demote them! SOMETHING! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could we get some FUCKING CONSISTENCY out of this franchise that isn't a roller-coaster of PAIN!!?!!! I mean... shit, it's official, this game is Crystal Meth. The HIGHS and the lows. And the side effects.

[image]

Fuck you Bungie. ...Leads! ('cept art team. Ya'll kick ass. Have a cookie! :D)

P.S ...and... AND even if EVEN IF something cool/amazing/actually-good happens during this event, unknown to us as I write this - what I have writ stands. You've HAD enough time to LEARN!!! We SHOULD NOT be doing this shit again! Excuses or reasons, I don't care anymore. You should know better by now!

That's my rant. Ugh.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread