It is as I "feared". (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 18:51 (1620 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So, I agree with you. Those specialized mods based on class would be amazing. The issue is that I don’t think it would work all that week. The cheaters don’t actually play that differently from each other. That’s intentional, I know, but even the fact that it’s the case means the whole premise of which class is best is just uninteresting. No class is best explicitly by design. ...

A solid point on "how long" such fun would last. But, to rebuff, it's already baked in. Each class has its own "something". And I like that it's all so... lite enough that there is room to play beyond some pre-established archetype. Yet, (and this repeats the rest of what you said) it would have been nice to DIG in and change how things play.

That exploration is fun! Laser week (which was a glitch), the Glass Canon Glitch in the Dungeons, double loot nightfall (also a glitch... hmm a pattern), all fun because it changed how things played for a time.

I just wish it wasn't a glitch, and someone actually knew what they were doing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread