A question of perspective. (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, April 22, 2020, 12:27 (1620 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So, obviously it has been made known that a vocal portion of DBO doesn’t like bounties. I know from other sources there are definitely other folks vocally opposed to bounties. But how does that reflect on the active community at large and how much of Bungie falls in that latter group?

Looking across games in general consensus seems to be that most players like limited scope checklists to fill out/pad their activities. Views on that being compulsory or not (if you want to actively engage with the Nook Miles system in ACNH you probably should be completing the rotating “bounties” but they aren’t required) will muddy some waters.

Regardless, I think it is unfair to say disparaging things (this is a general statement not specific to this reply) about their excitement on a project they are involved in without appropriate context to what in games makes them excited. Obviously it is not a studio full of Cody Millers* - that would be a completely different game - nor is it a studio full of people who are after the same things in a game as anyone else. I can see the perspective of folks who like to log in, get settled, and load up on bounties to influence and direct their play session. I would not be surprised if a significant portion of the community is down for exactly that. So yes. Maybe they are legitimately excited and feel it is a good job. But what they feel is a good job is just different and not inherently worse.

*Your name is the easy example to bring up for having significant difference in opinion to the gaming public at large

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread