The Last of Us Part 2 (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 10:25 (1381 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just got the notification. It's in the mail on the way.

Are we looking at the third masterpiece of 2020? Let's find out.

It’s really strange, considering how much I absolutely love the first game, but I just can’t drum up an ounce of excitement for TLoU 2. I’m sure it will be a superb game, and yet I just don’t care. Maybe it’s just too late? The first game sits in such a special place in my memory, but it’s long enough ago that it feels... complete. I don’t need or even want more. I hope it’s great and that people love it, but for whatever reason, the series is complete in my mind and I don’t want it to continue.

I was just mentioning to my brother yesterday that it's really weird to think about how the followup to one of my absolute favorite experiences ever launches in just a few days, and while I preordered the Deluxe edition, and have had TLoU themes on my PS4 for the past year, I have zero hype or excitement.

A big part of that, I feel, is that I never wanted a followup to Joel and Ellie's story. The first one ended so perfectly, that a continuation kills the masterful closing moments of the game.
I know I'll probably love it in the end (and I seem to be one of the only people who loved the gameplay and mechanics of the first, so it's definitely my type of game), but that sense of dread lingers. I've heard some really great stuff about the game from non-numerical reviewers, so the quality isn't what's concerning me, but yeh. Didn't need a sequel.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread